Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2001 01:29:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   laptop as dual-homed host with two ethernet pccards

Greetings:

I have FreeBSD 4.3 Release running on my Toshiba Satellite 305CDS,
and have it acting as a dual-homed router with two pcmcia ethernet
cards (ep0: a 3Com Megahertz 3CCFE574BT, and ed1: a LinkSys EtherFast
10/100 PCMPC100).

Right now I configure the interfaces by hand after boot up, and leave
the laptop running.

Is there a simple and elegant way to configure a different address and
netmask for each interface in rc.conf?

The pccard_ifconfig line in /etc/rc.conf seems to anticipate only one card
and one address.

Thanks,

Ken Seggerman
suleyman@echonyc.com