Date:      Fri, 17 May 2002 22:41:52 +0200
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Portmap being a pain

Hi there -

I just did a fresh install on a machine, and upgraded to -STABLE.  Now I'm
trying to get NIS to work properly.  It is a multi-homed machine, and I would
like to restrict NIS to one interface.  In my rc.conf I have:

portmap_flags="-h 10.0.0.1"
portmap_enable="YES"
nisdomainname="mydomain"
nis_server_enable="YES"
nis_client_enable="YES"

When I then reboot the machine, however, and try to log in, it refuses to log
in with a user in the NIS map, and takes centuries about it to.  Logging in
with a 'local' user also takes a century.

Removing the portmap_flags cures that bit, but I don't want portmap near the
other interfaces.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.

 - Philip