Date:      Sun, 8 Oct 2000 03:43:30 -0400
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        Gregory Sutter <gsutter@zer0.org>, Craig Cowen <craig@allmaui.com>, "freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Check Point FW-1

On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 12:15:26AM -0600, Wes Peters wrote:

> Others have mentioned a couple of commercial alternatives; add NetMax and
> GnatBox (right?) to this list.  Also, be sure to get a copy of my paper
> for BSDCon explaining why my company decided to use BSD and ipfilter to
> build the firewall of the future on.  (Sorry, it's not a corporate firewall
> and is not suited for your use.)

As long as Wes is plugging his talk, mine will be talking about ipfw and stopping
attacks and such. Guido van Rooij is also giving an ipfilter talk I'm looking
forward to attending. Firewalls are well represented at this years BSDcon.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                billf@chimesnet.com / billf@FreeBSD.org