Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:03:01 +0100
From:      marius@alchemy.franken.de
To:        Martin Kraemer <Martin.Kraemer@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN4BSD not ready for prime time in 4.5-RC ?

> In 4.5-RC (more exact, since ~October), I cannot succeed in using
> ISDN any more. Yes I changed the cable, and I asked a friend to use
> ISDN on the same NTBA (from Win2k), to the same provider I use;
> he had no problems.

did he use the same s0/pri socket as you did?
i saw something similar recently, causing nearly the same system messages,
it turned out to be a broken NTBA; the two internal sockets worked but
we did get no connection but the error messages when using an additional
s0/pri socket connected to the NTBA (yes, it was/is terminated correctly),
although an isdn-phone worked on the later...
exchanging the NTBA solved the problem

just a guess...