Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:44:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Hodges <rh@matriplex.com>
To:        Alex Huppenthal <alex@aspenworks.com>
Cc:        freebsd-atm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How configure classical ip - it almost worked

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Alex Huppenthal wrote:

> I've run into a strange problem. It looks as if the throughput of the ATM
> link we have is throttled to 10 megabits. I have a 30 Mbit CBR from our
> carrier.
>
> 10 Meg limit on Fore OC3 PCA200E standard driver?

There is no limit in the driver.  I hardly ever use that card, but
I have seen many FTP transfers getting well over 70mb, and other
people have tested it to 120mb and higher.

You do have the patch on the driver, don't you?  If not, the packet
loss could explain the horrible performance.

All the best,

-Richard