Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 09:48:39 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        alo1@gmx.de
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Networking Problems

[redirected to FreeBSD-Questions from FreeBSD-Doc, headers changed]

Andre Lorenz schrieb:

> i've installed freeBSD 4 on my computer;
> inside is a realteck 8129 networkadapter
>
> how to integrade this networkadapter;

Andre,

please note FreeBSD-Doc hosts discussions about the FreeBSD
documentation. For support, ask at FreeBSD-Questions instead.

To configure a RealTek network card, there are two ways. You need to
know the IP adress of your network interface as well as netmask and
default gateway. (Alternatively, you may configure via DHCP.)

1) Sysinstalll:

As root,
# /stand/sysinstall
Configure - Networking - Interfaces

A list with network interfaces pops up. Choose "rl0" -- the driver for
Realtek boards.

The following questions walk you through installation.

IPv6: no
DHCP: (if available, yes, the board is setup afterwards)

Finally, a dialog pops up, listing all the values you need to fill in.
Contact your entwork administrator if some value baffles you.

HTH
-Christoph Sold