Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 11:41:17 +1000
From:      Greg Black <gjb@comkey.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Any success stories with FreeBSD-3.1-Release?

I've seen quite a lot of stories on this list over the past few
weeks detailing problems with FreeBSD-3.1-Release.  Some of them
are clearly pilot error, but some of them seem to be possibly
more than that.  There has been little clarification, however,
from people with solutions or success stories.

Now that my 3.1 CDs have finally arrived, I've been looking at
them, wondering if I'm going to shoot myself in the foot if I
ditch my nice stable 2.2.8 installations for 3.1 or if I'd be
better off to wait for 3.2.  What I'd really like to hear are
stories from people who have been using 2.2.8 happily and are
now happily running 3.1-Release (not -stable and not -current)
if there are such people out there.

If there are people who installed 3.1-release and were bitten by
it but who are now happily running 3.1-stable, I'd like to hear
from them too.

I'd be happy for people to reply directly to me, since this
question could provoke a lot of hot air for those who aren't
interested (multiplied by 2 if those @!#?*%+ duplicates keep
coming).  If there's interest, I'll summarise the responses to
the list in a little while.

--
Greg Black <gjb@acm.org>