Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 15:38:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   WordPerfect "going away" (on 3.0-RELEASE).

I've got WordPerfect installed... and I was thrilled with the prospect
of not having to use a Windows machine...

But - after playing with it for a short time; I don't think it's quite
"there" yet...

Then, I thought, my experience can't be unique... so perhaps someone
knows what the problem is.

What's happening is that every now-and-then, on an text insert (usually
a copy-and-paste from another window) or a font resize; WordPerfect seems
to "go away" for many minutes.

That is, it stops responding to X events...  and starts consuming a *lot*
of CPU.

After about 10 minutes, it will return - having not completed the task...

Again - this is on 3.0-RELEASE.. I was wondering a few things:

	1) Has anyone else seen this?

	2) Is it, by happenstance, a problem in the LINUX emulation?

	3) Does anyone have any recommendation for a fix?

It seems to be related to X11 somehow... after awhile the process will
totally lock up, then my X server will hang and I have to login from
another machine to kill WordPerfect and get my X server back. (I have
a Matrox Millenium II card, if that's meaningful.)

   Thanks for any info!

	- Dave Rivers -