Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:44:47 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>
Cc:        Jim Pirzyk <Jim.Pirzyk@disney.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting the default MAX Stack size

Bakul Shah wrote:

> [...]

[ ... ]

> How about something like
>
>     options   MAXSSIZ="(256UL*1024*1024)"
>
> in your config file?

This increases the maximum user space stack size, not the
stack size in the kernel.

If this is what he meant, then yeah, this will do it;
he also needs to look at his login class in login.conf,
and "ulimit"/"limit"/"limits" (based on the shell he is
using), to crank up the user space quota, and not just
the top end limit.

If he's running in the kernel (the original question
appears to be on the order of "can you put too much water
in a nuclear reactor?" 8-)), that change won't help him.

-- Terry