Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:53:36 +0100
From:      520088040590-0001@t-online.de (Melanie Desaive)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cvsup tags

Hi,

a simple question I think, but I did not really find the answer:

What is the difference between the cvsup tag RELENG_4 and RELENG_4_5?

From all documentation I found, it seemed to me as if they should be the
same at this moment.
(
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvs-tags.html
)

But I tried it out: First I put the RELENG_4_5 tag in my cvsupfile,
started an update. And started it once again. At the second run it
finished without changing anything. (fine)
Then I put RELENG_4 into my cvsupfile and started once more. It ran as
long as at my first try, changing a lot of files (not as I expected)
After the last update I build my system, for me it seemed to work fine.
dmesg sayed afterwards, that I run a new (yesterday night) build 4.5
Kernel.

What I want to use is the tag for the newest stable system.

Thank you a lot,

Melanie Desaive