Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:37:36 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        xuyifeng <bsddiy@163.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sybase db-library name conflict with Berkeley DB

On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 11:43:53AM +0800, xuyifeng wrote:

> I have found that Sybase db-library function "dbopen" conflicts with Berkeley DB "dbopen", and
> I can not build php with sybase db-library under FreeBSD, php fails to connect Sybase server
> because it uses Berkeley DB dbopen, this is wrong, any way to resolve to problem?

You should try building php with the ports system. There is one big
problem with this though. The default build for FreeTDS (which the
FreeBSD-PHP ports system uses to communicate with Sybase) only talks
M$-SQL server. You have to tweak the Makefile in
/usr/ports/database/freetds so that the CONFIGURE_ARGS has
--with-tdsver=5.0 instead of --with-tdsver=7.0.

At that point, you can build PHP using the ports system, and you
should be able talk to Sybase databases quite happily.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>