Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 1998 18:04:29 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        abial@nask.pl, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Custom init(8)

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, John Polstra wrote:

> In article <Pine.NEB.3.95.980204110152.12994A-100000@korin.warman.org.pl>,
> Andrzej Bialecki  <abial@nask.pl> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to write my own custom init. To be frank, I'm not quite aware of
> > what is absolutely necessary for it to do, and what is not.
> [...]
> > Can you give me some advice (except 'man init')? Perhaps some pointers to
> > a code examples...
>
> /usr/src/sbin/init/init.c ;-)

Okay. I got what I deserved for asking too simple questions... :-/

For all of you who want only to remind me of existence of
/usr/src/sbin/init.c:  please talk to /dev/null ...

Sorry, but this really doesn't help me to know how _the simplest_ possible
init(8) could look like...

Andrzej Bialecki

abial@warman.org.pl  | if(halt_per_mth > 0) { fetch("http://www.freebsd.org") }
Research & Academic  | "Be open-minded, but don't let your brains to fall out."
Network in Poland    | All of the above (and more) is just my personal opinion.