Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 10:15:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Salah.Abouzgaia" <root@sma.regina.sk.ca>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache_1.2.4 (CGI Execution Problem)

Hi all,

O.K. let me put it this way:

httpd.conf: there is no entry for cgi-bin
srm.conf: ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin/
access.conf: <Directory /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin>
              AllowOverride None
              Options XBitHack Full (I also tried Options All)
              </Directory>

The chmod of the scripts in cgi-bin as well the chmod of the html that
uses the cgi script are set to a+x+r (read/execute by all).
I also tested the scripts from the command line without any problems.

I have no idea why apache looks for cgi-bin in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs.
Even if I create a link to /usr/local/etc/httpd/cgi-bin in
/usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs and/or create the cgi-bin dir in
/usr/local/etc/httpd/htocs and change the settings in srm.conf
and access.conf to point to this location (Tripp I understand your concern
in terms of security but just for the seek to get it working for now),
apache still does not execute cgi scripts (perl or sh scripts),
instead the browser reads the Perl os sh scripts as text files, and
prints Perl or sh scripts as is on the browser.

Any hints

Cheers

Sal