Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 1996 02:09:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
Subject:   Re: Networking in PCEMU (1/2)

As Satoshi Asami wrote:

>  * I wrote the code that allows to access the network from pcemu.

> Did you get this, Joerg?

Yes (and even your mail twice -- i've purposedly installed an alias
named `j' for me on freefall :).

However, i'm afraid pcemu is getting beyond the point where the time
i'm able and willing to spend into it will be sufficient to maintain
this port.  In particular, since the original author, David Hedley,
basically gave up this fine piece of work, i think what is needed here
is a real maintainer, not just somebody like me who's got a 10-hour
per day paywork job, a 2-hour per day FreeBSD Usenet answering session
etc.

I've still got a submission sitting in the queue for an EMS module for
it, and never remotely came round to install and test it.

I've got a couple of ideas for other things that would be interesting
to implement (and not too difficult either), like real floppy disk
support, perhaps COM line support, 80186 opcode implementations
(namely things like ENTER that come up from time to time e.g. in
Borland-compiled programs).  Nifty little things, but they require
time.

So is there anybody in the ports team who feels compelled by taking
over this baby?  It's really too valuable to see it falling down...

--
cheers, J"org