Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 17:27:40 +0100
From:      se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whew!!!!!!! (MAJOR sigh of relief!)

On Jan 21,  9:29, Peter Dufault wrote:

} I plan on plugging into the SCSI code with Justin shortly.  I am
} finishing up a new rev of the GPIB driver that supports different
} boards and modes, and check in and write man pages for three new
} Data Acq drivers.
}
} After that I plan on moving policy up out of the SCSI board drivers
} and into the common code, hopefully reduce some of the common code
} in the drivers, and adding common SCSI resource scheduling.

Yes, I'd love to see this done!

} I have the 1542 and now the NCR covered (though I'm sure Stefan
} will help with that) and Justin has the AHC.  It will be nice if
} some others can step forward to pick up the other boards.

And I'd be glad to help. There are parts
of the NCR driver, that could be greatly
simplified, if the GENERIC driver offered
suitable support.

I intend (and have prepared) significant
changes to the NCR driver code (loading of
the NCR SCRIPT, error handling and multi
byte messages). Additional functionality
in the generic code could simplify some
parts of the NCR driver.

Regards, STefan

--
 Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
 Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160