Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 14:06:19 -0400
From:      Matthew Botos <mlb27@cornell.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   networking boot hang w/ 3c509

I have 3.1 installed, but the boot hangs when it begins to configure the
network, specifically setting the hostname, it seems.  It also appears to
be trying to use the non-existent BNC connector on my 3c509b, despite the
"link2" argument added to the ifconfig line to force UTP.  Does anyone have
one of these cards working that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Matthew