Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2000 07:40:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/18918: add bus_alloc_resource.9 and bus_release_resource.9

The following reply was made to PR docs/18918; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>
To: Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
Cc: Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>,
	FreeBSD-GNATS-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 16:31:56 +0200

 -On [20000602 02:18], Tim Vanderhoek (vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca) wrote:
 >On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 02:47:03PM +0200, Alexander Langer wrote:
 >>
 >> The bus methods are free to change the RIDs that are passed to it -
 >> that's why it is a pointer.
 >
 >grammar gnit: I think your subject(s) might be having trouble deciding
 >whether it's plural or singular here.

 This is definately an ambiguous sentence.

 Did you mean:

 The bus method pointer allows for easy changing of the RIDs passed to it.

 Or:

 The bus methods are free to change the RIDs that they are pointing to.

 >> on PCI and device-dependent on ISA and PCCARD). If you specified the
 >> default
 >
 >Either add a newline after the period or use two spaces after the
 >period.  Preferrably the former.  :)

 Definitely the former.

 --
 Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
 <jruigrok@via-net-works.nl>            VIA Net.Works The Netherlands