Date:              Fri, 14 May 99 14:19:00 EDT
From:      Marius <MBKING0@VM.SC.EDU>
To:        Akira8523@aol.SC.EDU
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:        Re: Having a little trouble

Trouble with PPP?

      I just got mine up and working. It required of me spending a good amount
of quality time looking at my /var/log/ppp.log  and then customizing my
/etc/ppp/ppp.conf file.  I am a newbie, but I stared and stared at the ppp.log
and tried to figure out where it was hosing up.  I would modify the chat script
in configuration file a bit, and see what effect it had on the log.  I had to
do this repeatedly before I figured out what was wrong.
      Look in the handbook find out how to log your ppp attempts if you don't
do it already.  (It -was- already in the sample script that I got from the
handbook.)