Date:      Sat, 6 Jul 1996 19:08:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Marra <jmarra@walter.acs.nmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ed0 failure with stable

I rebuilt the stable kernel yesterday using the same configuration file
as I used for the 2.1.0-RELEASE. I am using a Thomas Conrad NE2000
(5143) for my network connection.  The kernel probe finds the card with
the correct I/O address and interrupt.  Both the ifconfig and the route
commands succeed also.  However, if I try to use a network function (i.e.
Telnet, ftp, etc), I get a permision denied.  UDP and IP pings do succeed
from remote machines.   I rechecked my configurations and recompiled the
kernel several times but I have not had any luck in solving the problem.
Has anyone else had similar problems?  Thanks.