Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:32:04 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About i810 driver

> From: "vanya" <UnixDaemon@vicard.net>
> To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: About i810 driver
> Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:40:49 +0300
>
> I have i810 motherboard with i810 graphic chipset.
> When I trying to start X server by startx command it gives out error:
> error doing ioctl(GARTIOCINFO):invalid argument
> I use agp.ko kernel module and Driver "i810".
> When I configuring X server by XF86Setup and then starting X server
>  the SVGA_SERVER uses built-in mode 320x204.
>  It cannot switchs in other modes.
> Version of FBSD: 4.4-RELEASE
> Version of X:    XFree86-4.1.0_6

    Hi there,

    I don't know if this will help, but I could not get X work with this
    chip until I added Option "NoDDC" in the device section for the i810
    chip.

    I don't know what that option is, I asked here, and got that hint.
    The original poster didn't indicate the meaning either.

    Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Intel 810"
        Driver      "i810"
        Option      "NoDDC"
    EndSection

    HTH

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
12:28PM up 6 days, 13:36, 16 users, load averages: 0.05, 0.27, 0.42