Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:40:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
To:        Praveen Bobba <praveen_bobba@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd is not starting

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Praveen Bobba wrote:

> We have a freebsd running with dns and mailservers.
> The following error is occuring
> starting local daemons:ld.so failed: Can't find shared
> library "libXmu.so.6.0"
> sleep:illegal option --1
> usage: sleep seconds

I have no idea what Xmu is for but I can help you get your box to start.

The part where it says "starting local daemons", all of that happens in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d. If you move this rc.d to say
/usr/local/etc/rc.d.borked, you should get your box up. Once you get your
box up, you can try running each script in this directory manually to find
which one is failing. Once you know where the problem is, you can get that
fixed. Don't forget to put your rc.d back where it came from when you are
all done.

Good luck,
Jason C. Wells