Date:      Fri, 06 Oct 2000 09:51:21 -0500
From:      Jeremy Vandenhouten <jeremy.vandenhouten@marquette.edu>
To:        K.J.Bosschaart@tue.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scratchy SB PCI 128

I don't proclaim to be a genius about FreeBSD, as a matter of fact I
just got into not that long ago, but anyways:

I have a SB16 (Vibra16x) that used to have the same problem. This is
when I was running it using the "controller snd0" option in the kernel
along with the appropriate Voxware driver.

I later moved this card to another machine and used the newer "device
pcm" addition to the kernel along with the associated bridge line for
my kernel. Check out the LINT (kernel) to see these options. This also
allowed me to reserve the second DMA channel needed by the SB cards by
using the flags 0x## option in the kernel. This seems to have fixed my
problem.

Hope that helps,