Date:      Tue, 01 Mar 2005 19:33:15 +0100
From:      Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dir ~

On 28 fév 2005, Rob wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I typed mv file dir/~ and I now have dir/~ but when I go to
> that it takes me to my home which happened to be root, I tried
> to delete the directory and it started deleting roots home. Is
> there a way to delete this
> ~ dir?

Dunno if my answer got lost but a solution I would suggest is to
try a combination of ls/find/rm

My best bet on this issue is to list this by inode -i.e. ls -i
and then track this inode using the inum switch of the find
command to delete the item.

This is usually how I deal with such entries.

Hope that helps.
--
"sometimes i feel like we're making emacs better and better because we don't
 know what to do with emacs once it is finished."

    -- AlexSchroeder on #emacs @OPN