Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:32:55 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@bonkers.video-collage.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Recent ImageMagick change breaks some configure scripts

Quoting Mikhail Teterin <mi@bonkers.video-collage.com> (from Mon, 21 =20
Apr 2008 13:00:39 -0400 (EDT)):

>> the move of the place where the include directories are put breaks
>> some configure scripts. Namely those which only have the possibility
>> to specify the install prefix of the ImageMagick port. Those scripts
>> will take install_location/include and install_location/lib
>> automatically. This change now requires changes to such ports.
>
>> As I'm in the process of porting some software which depends upon
>> ImageMagick, I downgraded for the moment to the previous version of
>> ImageMagick to be able to work further on porting the software. Please
>> check if this change is really needed, as it's more easy to change the
>> ImageMagick port than to fix each port which depends upon ImageMagick.
>
> Not easily -- the ImageMagick developers want it this way now, and
> continuing to patch it for the old way will be difficult.

That's a good reason to have it not like before...

> It will also make it harder to use GraphicsMagick (which I recommend
> strongly) in ImageMagick's stead.

I will have a look. Thanks for describing the issue. It may be a good =20
idea to mention the change of the include path in UPDATING or CHANGES...

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Business will be either better or worse.
=09=09-- Calvin Coolidge

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137