Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:42:23 -0500
From:      "Daniel Schrock" <djab@enteract.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   I cvsup'd, now nfs filesystems won't mount!

I just cvsup'd again on the advice of others due to the missing header file
from a few days ago.
I did a make -DNOPERL buildworld and it was successful. make -DNOPERL
installworld caused some problems when trying to recompile the games.
 make -DNOPERL -DNOGAMES installworld worked fine.
I recompiled my kernel, installed it, rebooted....and to my surprise I found
I had 4.1-RC instead of 4.0-Stable, which was to be the intended upgrade.
Not a big deal, except for the fact that my nfs filesystems now won't mount.
I tried booting /kernel.old and same result.

It hangs at Mounting NFS file systems until I ^C or it times out, saying
mount nfs file system: gateway:/usr/home: not responding.
Does anyone know what the problem is?
Also, does anyone know why I was given 4.1-RC instead of 4.0-Stable?  I
cvsup'd a different machine a few days ago and it went flawlessly and
resulted in 4.0-Stable.  I used identical cvsup files and the same server
(cvsup3.freebsd.org).

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Schrock