Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 18:27:52 -0800
From:      "Bart (The Good Guy) Trzynadlowski" <trzy@powernet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installation woes: hard disk/partitioning probs

Hello,
	I am having some weird problems after the kernel configuration screen
during installation. FreeBSD says stuff like:

wdc0 <atapi, etc, etc, etc
im assuming that is my CD ROM drive

then it goes:
wd0 <1590mb, etc, etc, etc
yep, my first HD is a 1.6 gigger but i want to install it on my second
drive (a 4 gigger with 1.8mb free, the rest is DOS drive D)

what the? FreeBSD ISNT recognizing a WD1 hard disk or anything! Its an EIDE
disk connected as slave, a Western Digital, i dont know what brand my
1.6gig is.

then later it says:
wd0 not found
but how? it says it found it

then i get dumped into the FDISK program... it says wd0 at the top, thats
it. it shows my 1.6 primary drive right in front of me. but i cant get to
wd1 or whatever my second drive is
thus i cant install FreeBSD, can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Bart Trzynadlowski