Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:57:55 -0000
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Nikos Ntarmos" <ntarmos@ceid.upatras.gr>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/128179: [patch] Add an XCB option to graphics/cairo

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 07:05:35 -0000, Nikos Ntarmos
<ntarmos@ceid.upatras.gr> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 05:02:35PM +0000, mezz@FreeBSD.org wrote:
>> Duplicate: ports/126993
>
> Yup... I accidentally found this PR about half an hour after submitting
> mine... Should have searched deeper...
>
>> Anyway, it is already available in MC ports but I can merge it (only
>> xcb part) into FreeBSD ports if you need it soon for update of
>> x11-wm/awesome port.
>
> I do need it. If you plan on merging the xcb changes any time soon then
> I guess I can wait. On the other hand, if enabling xcb now just for
> cairo is not a pain for you, I'd take that option.

I can do it tomorrow.

>> Why did you keep xcb disable by default? It should be enable by
>> default if x11-wm/awesome port needs it, so I will enable it.
>
> I had no idea xcb support was going to be added to the gnome ports
> anyway. Since I'was not aware of any other port requiring cairo xcb
> support atm, I was torn between disabling xcb by default to avoid
> changing the current default dependency list of the port, and enabling
> it by default so that the xcb bits get pulled in. I went with the
> former... The problem is, I don't know how to check, during building of
> the x11-wm/awesome port, for whether cairo has been compiled with xcb
> support...

You can do something like this (untest):

[...]

.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

.if (exists(${LOCALBASE}/libdata/pkgconfig/cairo.pc) && \
	!exists(${LOCALBASE}/libdata/pkgconfig/cairo-xcb.pc))
IGNORE=	cannot find dependency: The cairo exists but not with XCB support.
Please reinstall graphics/cairo with XCB support
.endif

.include <bsd.port.post.mk>

Cheers,
Mezz