Date:      Mon, 01 Sep 97 15:09:23 -0700
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Upgrade/sysinstall questions.. what am I downloading?  :)

	After a long time period, I finally have a chance to actually try
a feature I hoped for a long time ago, and Jordan said should work..
namely using /stand/sysinstall to upgrade a system remotely.  I pulled
down the source for the new sysinstall, built it, and told it to go to
22-releng.freebsd.org to do the upgrade.  Well, it dutifully went and
started grabbing stuff, but it never gave me a chance to tell it what snap
to grab.  Am I downloading the latest snap?  If not, how would I specify
that?  It's a 2.2.1-R -> 2.2-Stable upgrade, and if it gets munged, the
boss has to do it from the console, which is fine since he has to do some
hardware mods tomorrow anyway.

	Also, do I gain anything from upgrading via make world as opposed
to an upgrade with sysinstall?  I have a pentium II system and I specify
CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe and COPTFLAGS= -O2 -pipe in /etc/make.conf because my
understanding is that will give me a little better performance overall.
(The -O2, not the -pipe obviously. :)  Also, does the HAVE_FPU flag in
make.conf help anything other than the sun libm?  I saw a message to that
effect here a little while ago, but forgot to follow up.  High performance
is a priority on this system, so every little tweak helps.

Thanks for any help,

Doug

Do thou amend thy face,
	and I'll amend my life.