Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 11:01:25 +0000 (GMT)
From:      <wayne@moneyworld.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sio1: 1 more overflow

Hi there,

I've just loaded FreeBSD 3.4 and I'm having the following error repeat
itself regularly...

Jan 30 11:56:36 emporer /kernel: sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 1)
Jan 30 11:56:56 emporer /kernel: sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 2)
Jan 30 11:58:06 emporer /kernel: sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 3)
Jan 30 11:58:26 emporer /kernel: sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 4)

I've searched the questions archive and the general consensus seems to be
'ignore it'.... However, it's really annoying because it pops up on the
console now and then and makes trying to follow what you're typing a
mission...

In the beginning my 3Com 3c905C was sitting on IRQ3... I've moved that to
irq5 and there doesn't seem to be anything else on irq3.

Here is the output from a dmesg regarding the sio stuff...

sio0: configured irq 4 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio0 at 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa
sio0: type 8250
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio1 at 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa
sio1: type 16550A

Sorry if this question is real basic, but I'm transitioning from Linux to
BSD and I'm pulling my hair out on this one :-)

TIA,

--
/* Wayne Pascoe <wayne@moneyworld.co.uk> - MoneyWorld */