Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 1996 23:18:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric A. Griff" <eagriff@global2000.net>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Motorola SLN3032A/HAYES Compat settings.

I hope this isn't off topic.
	I am in an area where there is no local ISP. I have a cellular phone,
and just purchased a Motorola SLN3032A dialtone generator. It seems to work
. My celphone is local to anywhere in the areacode at a mere 2 cents a minute
-vs- $.18 per minute.

	I actually have two problems. The first is I get bumped within the
first 10 minutes. Usually. Are there better modem settings to deal with the
less than perfect connection conditions, where it at least won't hang up?
Also, I am using ppp for the protocol (pppd), fro/FreeBSD-current (3.0).

	The second is power life. I will probably have to hack a dead battery
pak to a power supply. The best battery for the cel phone is 50 mins talk time
from what I go out of the tech at my Cellular carier. Is there something like
this already on the market at non-Motorola prices?

	Thanks a million in advance. Eric...