Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:21:16 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Sergey <sem@ciam.comtel.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need I make world?

On Thu, Feb 19, 1998 at 09:04:45PM +0300, Sergey wrote:
> Really something has changed?

Yes.

> Can I find what exactly?

Probably not with the way you have things set up now.

You can do this if you either

  a) Make at least one copy of /usr/src (say, /usr/src.1), download the
     new source, and do a recursive diff on the two directories.

  b) If you've got the disk space (~350MB for the repository, and ~150MB
     for a checked out copy of /usr/src, so a total of ~500MB) you could
     use CVSup to download the entire repository. You can then use the
     CVS commands to get diffs between the source code versions.

Of course, both these approaches will tell you what code's changed. Unless
your happy reading the code, it *won't* tell you why it's changed, or what
the overall effect is.

> I have a few machines with not-many disk memory.
> I'd like make world on one machine and upgrade others handly.
> It is possible?

Yes. Full details at

  http://www.nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk/FreeBSD/make-world/make-world.html

--+==[ Nik Clayton is Just Another Perl Hacker at Interactive Investor ]==+--
			     . . . and relax