Date:      Mon, 01 May 1995 19:07:19 +0000
From:      Matt Thomas <matt@lkg.dec.com>
To:        Michael Vernick <vernick@cs.sunysb.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 100 Mbs Ethernet drivers

> I want to set up a cluster of PC's using 100 Mbs Ethernet.  It seems
> that there is only 1 driver written so far for FreeBSD, for the
> DEC DE500-XA card.  However, DEC tells me that the card is not
> yet available; the driver was written by someone at DEC.  Is
> anyone else working on a driver for an available 100Mbs Ethernet card?
> I am not too familiar with writing drivers so I have a naive
> question. There are several drivers for these cards for Linux. Does
> anyone have a feel for how hard it is to port an Ethernet driver from
> Linux to FreeBSD?

Within a week or so, I should finish testing the support for the Cogent
EM100 and the SMC 9332 Fast Ethernet boards (both of which are shipping).

For what its worth,

Matt Thomas                          Internet:   matt@lkg.dec.com
U*X Networking                       WWW URL:    http://ftp.dec.com/%7Ethomas/
Digital Equipment Corporation        Disclaimer: This message reflects my
Littleton, MA                                    own warped views, etc.