Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 1996 13:00:15 +0100 (MET)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers), isdn@muc.ditec.de (FreeBSD ISDN Distribution List)
Subject:   Re: Status of ISDN drivers

dennis writes:

>> jkh@time.cdrom.com writes:
>> WRT getting 128kb/sec. I though the RBOCs in the States only support
>> 56kb/sec. per channel ? How you going to squeeze 128kb/sec. out of that ?
>> The D-Channel is not used for data transfer (that would be an additional
>> 16kb/sec.).
>
> Of course for $695 you can get RISC-powered "plug and power-up" 128k
> sync...but we've been through that one before!

This isn't the challenge.  I'm currently connected to the Internet via
a 286 with 1 MB of memory and a Creatix S0 board running DOG, PC-ROUTE
and ISPA.  It works reasonably well, performs channel bonding, and
costs a whole lot less than other alternatives.  The problem is that
it isn't as flexible as a *good* UNIX solution.

Greg