Date:      Fri, 14 May 1999 22:04:34 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: output in crontab

Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Which manpage is this? FreeBSD *can* mail output, and does by default if
> any output is generated and not redirected elsewhere.

forseti:~/www$ man 5 crontab | tail

     Command output is mailed to the crontab owner (BSD can't do this), can be
     mailed to a person other than the crontab owner (SysV can't do this), or
     the feature can be turned off and no mail will be sent at all (SysV can't
     do this either).

AUTHORS
     Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com>

BSD                            January 24, 1994                              3
forseti:~/www$

> I suspect it is updating the file, but not where you expect it to be,
> unless something has gone very wrong. Try doing something like
>
> $ find / -name stamp -mtime -1

Tx. It was exactly where I expected it to be, but I myself wasn't <g>.

Roelof

--
Home is where the (@) http://eboa.com/ is.