Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:32:44 -0800
From:      "Christopher G. Mann" <r3cgm@cdrom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup Comment

This is more of a comment than a question.

After I'm done installing a new release of FreeBSD, typically the first
thing I do is get my /ports and /src trees cvsup'ing.  From past
experience, I know how to do this fairly quickly.

1. Install cvsup-bin
2. cp /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile /etc
3. cp /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile /etc
4. vi /etc/standard-supfile
   A. change:
      *default release=cvs tag=.
      *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3
   B. uncomment:
      src-crypto
      src-eBones
      src-secure
   C. comment out:
      # *default compress
5. vi /etc/ports-supfile
   A. uncomment:
      src-crypto
      src-eBones
      src-secure
   B. comment out:
      # *default compress
6. vi /etc/periodic/daily/800x.cvsup-src
   "/usr/local/bin/cvsup -P - -g /etc/standard-supfile"
7. vi /etc/periodic/daily/810x.ports-src
   "/usr/local/bin/cvsup -P - -g /etc/ports-supfile"

Now surely Joe User can't be expected to do something like this as a new
user of FreeBSD.  Isn't there any way to write some sort of quick hack
add-in for sysinstall that sets something like this up?  Or at least
have a reasonable pair of supfiles in /etc/periodic that can be
activated?

--
Christopher G. Mann - IT Manager, Webmaster

Walnut Creek CDROM (www.cdrom.com)
The FreeBSD Mall (www.freebsdmall.com)