Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:02:41 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        freebsd_mail@yahoo.com, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dochawk@psu.edu
Subject:   Re: sound gone on my A21p :( (device locked?)

greg gabbed,

> Did you try booting into another operating system to see if sound
> worked there?

good point :)

I just checked, and it works under windows.

But now I get a slight change in behavior under bsd:

fac13ttyp1:hawk>cat /usr/local/lib/exmh-2.3.1/clink.au > /dev/audio
/dev/audio: Device not configured.

In the past, no error was reported.

Then I try

fac13:/dev#./MAKEDEV audio0
audio0 - no such device name

There's something very vaguely familiar about all this . . .

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail