Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:13:19 -0700
From:      "Duke Normandin" <01031149@3web.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: Learning C at home

Sorry for the OT noise, but it's all you guy's fault -- with the broad
range of knowledge this list is suffering from ;,)

I have Turbo C 2.1 and djgpp's gcc port on a DOS box; and gcc on FBSD. I
have "Practical C Programming" by Steve Oualline (O'Reilly & Associates,
Inc) and "The C Programming Language" by K&R (1st ed. I'm sure), as well
as few HTML C tutorials.

I use my DOS box for learning C about 60% of the time. I want to be able
to apply what I learn to both environments. I'm confused about ANSI C,
Standard C, UNIX C -- should I prototype functions/should I not -- etc etc.
Which should I learn?

Is there a c-questions e.g. , mailing list? Tia...

-duke
Calgary,Alberta, Canada