Date:      Wed, 9 Jan 2002 10:48:57 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        G Hasse <gh@raditex.se>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: isdnphone

> If i let my script run to completion there is no problem, but
> if i hang up the line from the other end the isdn-side hangs.

All this dialling out and hanging up by using isdnphone is higly
experimental stuff.

What is missing in the implementation is some sort of protocol
which handles the interaction of

	kernel<--->isdnd<--->isdnphone<--->user(program/script)

and the things you do observe is a direct indication of the fact
that there is currently no such protocol.

Where protocol does not mean something highly sophisticated but
at least some feedback in the form "do something" that triggers
"i have been successfull doing something" or "i failed doing
something, the cause was xyz".

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77