Date:      Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:28:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      wellsian <wellsian@caffeine.com>
To:        kc5vdj@swbell.net
Cc:        Bharat Mediratta <bharat@menalto.com>, Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Workstation Backup Device advice

Be careful of the 1533's. HP replaced them with a new model because the
originals were essentially defective. The "a"s may be the new version,
though I don't remember now. The original 1533's had very poor head life
and were not good for production use. All 8 of our original 8 went bad
within 1.5yrs, a few within 6mo. And their 3 or 5yr warranty is probably
up by now so buyer beware.

Jim, can you confirm if your 1533a's are the newer version? We punted
our DATs so I'm unable to provide better info right now. Good DATs can be
fine, but bad ones can make you crazy.

Dave