Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 2002 13:50:15 -0300
From:      Sergio de Souza Prallon <prallon@tmp.com.br>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: am79c32 anyone ?

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 03:40:23PM +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> >I wrote the original driver for the Tigerjet. If somebody can provide
> >the docs for this chip and the wirings between it and the TJ300, I'm
> >willing to extend the original driver to suport it.
>
> I think that is the least bit of the task.  The major part seems to
> write the code which deals with the AMD chip since this card does
> not have an ISAC on it.

No doubts about this: the ISAC part of the itjc driver came directly from
HM's isic driver. Nonetheless, the docs you provided are "good" (i.e, they
seem to be enough to base a driver on them) in a first read.

I've located the reseler site (http://www.aashima.com/) and found that this
is an old (deceased) card (PN 10772). Apparently they have replaced it with
2 new ones based on the Winbond and Cologne chipsets.

So, here goes my question: is this task worth the efort (i.e., will such
driver be usefull to someone else besides being a renewed pet project of
mine)?

[]'s

--
Prallon