Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:59:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        ahze@wp.cc.nc.us
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setting the system date

> the easiest way to do it is install rdate , its a package and its a port .
> just type (as root)
>
> rdate -s timehost.gsfc.nasa.gov

Or, if you don't want to install anything, try:

ntpdate timehost.gsfc.nasa.gov

Dima

> On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Tyler Spivey wrote:
> > Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:06:17 -0700
> > To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> > From: Tyler Spivey <tyler@wapvi.bc.ca>
> > Subject: setting the system date
> >
> > my cmos batteries dead, but:
> > how d  i set the date? can you specify year 2000? can you
> > give me an example? man date is wierd.

Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org> - Enriched/HTML messages > /dev/null
PGP Fingerprint: CC 2A DD 54 12 85 7D 8B  B3 CE B3 10 9C BE D5 69
Finger dima@unixfreak.org for public PGP key.

"Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to get along without it."
	-- Dilbert