Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:34:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        durang@u.washington.edu, rivers@dignus.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: WordPerfect "going away" (on 3.0-RELEASE).

> On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, Thomas David Rivers wrote:
>
> > What's happening is that every now-and-then, on an text insert (usually
> > a copy-and-paste from another window) or a font resize; WordPerfect seems
> > to "go away" for many minutes.
>
> > It seems to be related to X11 somehow... after awhile the process will
> > totally lock up, then my X server will hang and I have to login from
> > another machine to kill WordPerfect and get my X server back. (I have
> > a Matrox Millenium II card, if that's meaningful.)
>
> There were a couple items sent to the list a month or two ago regarding
> the Matrox Millenium causing the screen to go blank for a few seconds. It
> happens to me with the Matrox Mystique.  I wonder if this happens on your
> machine too, or if the abnormal behavior is only while using WordPerfect?
>
>   Kenneth J. Marsh             University of Washington
>   durang@u.washington.edu        Chemical Engineering

 Actually, I'm having a couple of problems with the Xfree86 in 3.0-RELEASE

   1) fxtv is no longer able to directly write to the screen buffer
	(it was in the previous version with the same hardware.)

   2) Every now-and-then, the machine will just lock up.  Seems to be
 	related to X events...  but I'm not certain (I haven't set up
 	a debuggable kernel just to see what's happening.)

	- Dave Rivers -