Date:      06 Dec 2002 10:51:20 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Andy Knapp <knappster@knappster.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: system wide config for spamassassin

--=-JiB7Ks5std8VchXc226I

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 16:57, Andy Knapp wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:36:56 +0000
> Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:
>=20
> > On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 01:47:57PM +0500, Ilia Chipitsine wrote:
> >=20
> > > I couldn't figure out from supplied documentation what is default nam=
> > > for system wide config file of spamassassin ?
> >=20
> > Start with:
> >=20
> >     /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
> >=20
> > but see Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf --- just about anything matching:
> >=20
> >     /usr/local/share/spamassassin/*.cf
> >     /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf
> >=20
> > will be read in by spamassassin.
> >=20
> > 	Cheers,
> >=20
> > 	Matthew
> >=20
> > --=20
> > Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       26 The Paddocks
> >                                                       Savill Way
> >                                                       Marlow
> > Tel: +44 1628 476614                                  Bucks., SL7 1TH U=
> >=20
>=20
> In my situation, I use spamd instead of spamassassin to cut down on syste=
m resources (we have many users using spamassassin). I found that spamd doe=
sn't read the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf file...but when I put the fil=
e into /usr/local/share/spamassassin everything gets taken from it. Seems q=
uite odd. Anyone have any ideas?

Actually, I need to put mine in /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin for it
to be read.  This is defined near the top of the spamd script.

my $LOCAL_RULES_DIR =3D '/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin';=20

Joe

>=20
> -Andy
>=20