Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 13:58:23 +0200
From:      Markus Holmberg <markush@acc.umu.se>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org, John Rochester <john.rochester@enetgroup.co.uk>
Subject:   readLine() failing in linux-jdk1.2.2 (because of linux emulation?)

Hello..

I have problems with readLine() in a BufferedReader (in Java) failing
to read input in linux-jdk1.2.2. I searched the freebsd-java and
freebsd-emulation lists for similar problem reports, and found a few
reports regarding the same problem.

Also, John Rochester posted two patches, of which the second (the one
that modifies "linux_file.c") fixes this problem (originally for 3.x,
applied with a little tweaking to 4.0-STABLE May 29th). Here's the
posting:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=22905+0+archive/2000/freebsd-java/20000220.freebsd-java

Not being able to use readLine() gives linux-jdk1.2.2 a kind of broken
feeling (for something which works great otherwise).
Surely someone else must have tried to get this fixed before?

This patch was apparently never submitted as a PR, so I would be glad to
submit it now to get the Linux emulation fixed, but I have no idea of
what the patch is doing! (Basically removing lots of stuff). So would
someone mind reviewing it and see if it would be a Right Thing(tm) to
get it checked into the FreeBSD CVS?

Best Regards,

Markus.

--

Markus Holmberg         |       Give me Unix or give me a typewriter.
markush@acc.umu.se      |       http://www.freebsd.org/