Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 1997 21:56:25 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Josh Gilliam <soil@quick.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: *BSD comparision (fwd)

> Thought the www page may be of interest;

With due deference to Martin, I've never cared for this comparison
very much.  It's too haphazard in its coverage, does not compare the
relative merits of each OS in a structured fashion (leaping instead
from disassociated topic to disassociated topic to the general
confusion of the reader) and it's far too biased towards the
perspective of a research guy with specific interests which probably
overlap with less than 1% of the existing *BSD user base.

Unfortunately, there are few other people willing to sit down and
craft such comparisons so it's all that's available right now.  If we
could get someone disconnected from either camp to do an out-of-box
evaluation of the systems, using both for several months with an
entirely fresh perspective and writing up their general experiences
with using the systems, that would indeed be valuable.

					Jordan