Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 12:12:14 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin@ury.york.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   -STABLE and -CURRENT on the same drive?

Hi all,

I have a laptop which I run STABLE on. I would like to be able to develop
code under -CURRENT, and so would like to dual boot the machine. I have a
2 gig slice which is currently free, barring the 5.0 source. I intend to
have this slice set as the only slice 5.0 accesses, so /, /var and /user
will all be on the same slice.  Wjhat is the best way of building world
and kernel so that everything goes into /5.0 as the root partition? THen,
how do I get the loader to recognise that is where the kernel lives? I
realise there is a kerenl option to tell it where to mount root from, but
am at a loss as to how to load the kerenl from it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gavin