Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2008 06:50:18 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Rong-en Fan <grafan@gmail.com>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: removing kH and *6 from xterm

--IbVRjBtIbJdbeK1C

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 07:04:29PM +0100, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
>Is there some documentation on what kH, @7, etc. all means?

See terminfo(5).  Note that this only documents what capabilities
are available to describe terminals.  It doesn't mean that those
capabilities are actually used by a specific application.

>Home (^[OH) and End (^[OF) are there in /etc/termcap but only Return
>(^M) and not KP_Enter (^[OM). What would be the symbol required to map
>^[OM to?

There's only provision for a single 'key_enter' (enter/send key) code -
"@8" in termcap.

>I wonder, though, how do I activate the change? I changed /etc/termcap,
>opened a new xterm but mutt's behaviour hasn't changed ...

Check if you have $TERMCAP as the terminal's expanded termcap entry.
TERMCAP=3D'...' mutt
works for me.

--=20
Peter Jeremy