Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 1996 06:30:22 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Immutable flags (was: Re: WARNING: botched ld.so commit! :-()

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> Ummm, INITIAL_IMMUTABLE_LEVEL?  This doesn't mean anything to me.

It was just a suggestion for a kernel config opt.

BSDI and NetBSD uses INSECURE, but this convention would surprise many
people.  I would like to have an option, I don't really care what it is
called.

/kernel is marked immutable.  I'd like to be able to configure systems
such that you can't change the flags unless you are in single user mode
even if you're root.

Regards,

Mike Hancock