Date:      Sat, 5 Feb 2000 12:45:36 +0100 (CET)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /etc/group problems!

I still have trouble with my /etc/group file, I posted now three times here with no answer.
Hope ths is not a charateristicum  of FreeBSD User group!

Well, the problem looks like difficult! I reconfigured login.conf. In login.conf
I defined new classes, but they do not involve those groups which can not login.
There are other groups with the same class-definition in login.conf which are able
to log in. Same is for login.access.
I have only three additional well functioning groups defined in /etc/group, all other
additional groups I defined are not working. When adding a new group to my /etc/group
file all things look well. When adding a new user vi "adduser" , adduser does not
add the new defined user to the specified group! Adding this user by hand produces
the effect, that this user is only then able to log in, when it's group is one of the
"functioning" groups, but this user can not login when adding hin to a new group I defined.
Any idea, hint or tip?

Gruss O. Hartmann