Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:55:41 -0500
From:      Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Subscriber <subscr1024@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/131124: x11/xorg - New xorg 7.4 hangs until mouse is moved when AllowEmptyInput turned off

--=-5B58FjBOZxKtV/BaMX4o

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 00:46 +0300, Subscriber wrote:
> Firstly, pardon me for my poor English. Let me try to explain what I see.
>=20
> As you recommended, I attached usb mouse (trivial scroll+2but) to my note=
book.=20
> With external mouse pointing became more easy, but problem still present.=
 I'll=20
> try to explain deeper: when I simply place finger on touchpad (for moving=
=20
> cursor) and then slowly move it, object under cursor catched (for explain=
,=20
> letter in thunderbird's list), holded about second and then released, as =
if I=20
> do 'tap-n-hold'. After it if I take finger from touchpad, cursor stop bli=
nking=20
> and then blink just when I move finger again. Move finger - cursor blink =
once=20
> or twice, take finger away - cursor stoped. If I try to enter text at thi=
s=20
> moment (in xterm, Terminal, firefox address bar and so on), this text=20
> displayed only after touching touchpad again.
>=20
> With external usb mouse I see the same effect - while I move mouse, curso=
r=20
> blink and text entered as usual, but if mouse stoped, cursor stoped blink=
ing too.
>=20
> After several clicking left and right buttons randomly or just several mo=
use=20
> moving (I can't discover regularity) cursor 'unfreeze' and text entering=20
> became independent of mouse moving until I clicking anywhere again.

Ok, this sounds like a problem that I have seen, normally only after
unplugging an external usb mouse and the driver(s) try to recalculate
the button mappings.  I don't have a solution, but what seemed to work
for me, was to click both of the touchpad buttons at once, emulating the
3rd button.  After I did this, everything resumed it's expected
behavior.

robert.

>=20
> Excuse me for long post, I hope this help you understand source of proble=
m. I=20
> am not programmer (not for PC, anyway) and can answer more detailed only =
if=20
> you tell me, what exactly need to do.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Robert Noland =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:
> > On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 14:03 +0300, Subscriber wrote:
> >> Last driver works the same way - it looks like left button permanently=
=20
> >> pressed. I use built in touchpad in my notebook with xf86-input-driver=
. Bad=20
> >> workaround is to tap touchpad several (random) times, then 'virtual le=
ft=20
> >> button' released. Hardware left button on touchpad works the same way.
> >=20
> > Ok, is this a button problem, or is X hanging on ttyin?  If it is the
> > button problem, I have an idea....  I have seen on some of my touchpads
> > that tapping for example won't work until a hardware left clck occurs.
> > I think that it may be somehow related to the 3rd button detection.
> > Also for examply when using the touchpad, then inserting and removing a
> > usb mouse, buttons can become confused for a minute.  I've found that
> > clicking both touchpad buttons (paste) would get it all acting right
> > again.
> >=20
> > robert.
> >=20